Tuesday 22 March 2016

Outfit #11

Untitled #73

Untitled #73 by labelleestlabete

Today's outfit started with the trousers. I really like the Lagenlook style from Germany - the best way  I can describe it is "high school art teacher". Lots of long, flowing layers and soft fabrics, usually in natural and/or neutral shades. The aspect that I'm using here is a more "gothic Lagenlook" style - it keeps the "long and loose" silhouette, but with a darker palette and slightly more industrial fabrics, like parachute material or ripstop. I can't remember who designed these trousers, but I found them on Ebay and really considered buying them. I didn't, in the end, because my closet was already overflowing, but I still like the look of them.

The rest of the outfit deviates from Lagenlook by dispensing with the flowing fabrics. I subscribe to the theory that if you are wearing a tight-fitting top, like this Adidas hoodie, you should go for a looser-fitting trouser or skirt, and vice-versa. The trousers in this outfit are loose-fitting in the leg, so in order to balance the balloon shape, the top should have a contrasting fit. Of course, the bodycon trend threw this theory out of the window, so perhaps take my advice with a grain of salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment