Monday 9 May 2016

Outfit #23

Precious

Precious by labelleestlabete

This outfit started with the Jaeger parachute hoodie - I saw this when it was still in the shops and did my usual thing of "I'm not paying 90 quid for knitwear when I can make something just as good". When I started looking at patterns, I realised that the shaping wasn't that easy and I was better off just buying one. Of course, by that time, they were all sold out and I had to turn to Ebay. It took two years for one to come up, but I finally got one! It's awesome and I love it, and the whole process reminded me that while handmade is great, sometimes it's too much work and you should just swallow your pride and buy the thing you want.

This look is another "casual office" type, as shown by the travel mug. The only thing that's missing is the huge sunglasses I always wear on the way to work, so that I don't have to be seen when I'm half-awake and insufficiently caffeinated. 
The trousers and long-sleeve T-shirt from Only keep everything else fairly basic to keep the focus on the Jaeger cardigan and the skull scarf from Pieces*. As an aside, Only make really good long-sleeves which last through endless wash cycles. The H&M ones are also pretty nice.

*I only just realised this, but half of this outfit is from shops I liked in Germany (Only and Pieces, which are the same company). My favourite shop in Frankfurt was New Yorker. I miss them, even though their in-store music was utterly terrible (especially when that Jason Derulo song was out and they had it on loop >_<).

No comments:

Post a Comment