Friday 20 May 2016

Oufit #27

Untitled #121
Untitled #121 by labelleestlabete

Today I did something different and made a unisex outfit. Every item is from the men's section, and also under $100. The Kenzo jeans were the exception, however, because I liked the cross design on the leg and didn't find anything else more suitable. The shearling coat from River Island is currently on sale for $50 (down from $140, so get one while you can!).

I wanted to use purely men's clothing in this set because I've been talking about shopping in the men's section, but my sets are usually made up of mostly women's clothing. The intention this time was to show you how you can combine men's clothing to make an outfit that could be worn by either gender.

I added a few goth staples - the webbing belt and the big army backpack. I have basically the same one, and it's awesome for travelling. If you have an army surplus store near you, go and have a look around for hidden gems.
The boots are from Demonia, and I chose them for the extra buckle and chain details to keep the outfit from being too plain, which is the same idea with the shearling coat. Even though the coat comes from the men's section, it has a quite defined waist which would suit ladies as well.

Finally, I chose a T-shirt with a cool design on the front, which for me is the best part about men's clothing (apart from jeans that bloody fit!). I'm getting a bit tired of the motifs being repeated in women's T-shirts - there's a lot of dreamcatchers, astrological signs and "Aztec print" (don't even get me started on that one). Men, on the other hand, get skulls and motorbikes and those fake business or sports club designs. So clearly, the only solution is to buy those instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment