Friday 13 May 2016

Outfit #24

Untitled #116

Untitled #116 by labelleestlabete

We're going for a more punk look today - I found the leather jacket from High Heels Suicide while I was making another set. I didn't use it that time, but I saved it for future use.

I added a white T-shirt and plain black jeans to keep the focus on the jacket and accessories. The jewelry is in keeping with our punk theme, and I tried to keep the decorations and textures matching to tie it all together. I also added an All Saints scarf for extra warmth, since there's only a T-shirt under the jacket.

I used the classic Dr Martens boots - as I mentioned in this post, Docs, black jeans and a leather jacket is one of the original looks for goths and punks alike. It's simple, you can find the components almost anywhere, and it's easy to style and wear. In fact, you might say that it's comfy and easy to wear. Just like shorts.

I did something different this time and added a hairstyle that would match, in honour of my new cut. I had two pieces of hair at the sides that would not behave - I could use enough extra-strong hairspray to put another hole in the ozone layer and they would still stick out and start fuzzing along my hairline. And what do we do when that one bit just won't cooperate? Shave it off!
I was apprehensive about taking off two of the long sections of my hair, but now I wish I'd done it long ago. No more fuzz, no more bits touching my ears whenever the wind blows... It may be a trendy thing right now, but it gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment