Saturday 21 May 2016

Outfit #28

Untitled #119
Untitled #119 by labelleestlabete

I wanted to make a slightly fancier "day" outfit - you could also wear this clubbing, but I would swap out the Alexander Wang pullover for a more fitted top. An underbust corset like these would work really well with the line of the skirt.

I started off with the Alexander McQueen skirt, which is cut along the same lines as a lot of gothic lolita skirts, like this one (this one is punk lolita, but the two are closely related). I liked the full, tiered structure of the skirt and I used it as a base to build the rest of the set.

I used the pullover and the waterfall jacket from Miss Selfridge to add some more layers and visual interest with the different fabrics and textures. 

For accessories, I added leggings (you know how I feel about sudden breezes while wearing short skirts), a spine bracelet by
Ayaka Nishi, and the bag from Cesare Paciotti.
I used Harley Davidson boots to finish off the outfit. I think the skirt looks better with a bit of a heel, instead of flat combat boots.

Finally, I added a nail polish idea - matte black nails are an update of the classic black polish. Back in the old days, before Chanel came out with their range of black polishes, you were stuck scouring markets or Hallowe'en stores for your gothy makeup needs. Fortunately, Stargazer and Manic Panic were on hand later on to make things easier, and now black nail polish can be found pretty much everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment