Sunday 22 May 2016

Outfit #29

Untitled #123

Untitled #123 by labelleestlabete

Another "day" outfit today. I found the sleeveless vest from
Genuine People on Polyvore and wanted to do another
Lagenlook-inspired set.

I added a swing-cut vest to match the loose vest, keeping up the layering effect of Lagenlook. Then I used the leather-look leggings to add another texture to the outfit. The Fly London boots add some interest to the lower half of the outfit, and they have a solid wedge heel that's easy to get around in.
I rarely add heels to day sets because I usually build outfits that I would like to wear. I have dodgy knees, so heels all day is not the best idea. Therefore, flats and wedges are the order of the day.

I finished off the outfit with just a bag and a hat, since the vest is the most eye-catching item and I didn't want to detract from it. I used a large but simply-designed bag for storing all your gear (I always end up with half of my shopping in my handbag so I don't have to carry everything by hand), and a big felt hat just because I like them.
I mentioned before that keeping your accessories big makes you look smaller by comparison - the vest, hat and bag combo should do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment