Thursday 5 May 2016

Outfit #22

Untitled #91

Untitled #91 by labelleestlabete

We're going for more of a "cute" look today, lightly inspired by gyaru style (for more info on gyaru, check out the wiki here, or Universal Doll, one of the best blogs on the subject.) I'm not sure which category this would fall into, to be honest. Maybe the "otona kawaii" (literally "adult cute") category? 
(I swear I didn't make up that name).

I started off with the lace shorts, which I didn't like much when they first hit the market, but now they've grown on me. Then I added the striped T-shirt. This grey broken-striped tee is cute, but not too cute.

I added a blazer jacket to stop the look from getting too cutesy, and kept the palette dark for the same reason.

You might also see heels with this kind of look - high-heeled over-the-knee boots are very popular - but I went with flat, slightly loose boots because they're the kind of shoes I would actually wear with this outfit(and they're also quite popular with gyaru who are going to be out and about all day). The only reason I don't wear mine every day is that it rains a lot where I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment