Wednesday 18 May 2016

Outfit #26

Untitled #118
Untitled #118 by labelleestlabete

I made this set because I liked the ouija board purse from Restyle. This outfit isn't really basic, but it's an example of a "day" outfit that you might wear on a shopping trip or day out. 

I really like this skeleton top, especially with the added feather detail in the design. It's easy to find standard skeleton shirts, but this one is just a little bit different. 

The skirt from RQBL is a classic goth style - lots of tulle, lace and tattered pieces. I chose a fuller design to balance out the fit of the top, which has a wider hem than usual that sits well with the cut of the skirt.

I used combat boots to make it easy to walk around for a long time. These are from Commes des Garçons, but you can find brand new boots in army surplus stores for a friendlier price.
 A tip if you're wearing them out and about - make sure the boots are laced tightly around your toes and upper foot. That way, they don't slide around and give you blisters. I rarely wore my combat boots because of that until I looked on a hiking forum to see how they solved the problem. No more blisters!

Finally, the accessories were added to finish of the outfit: tattered tights, a tungsten ring, the wolf claw necklace that I use a lot, and plenty of bracelets. I love adding lots of bracelets because it gives some interest to the sleeve area, and I think they look really good with a tank top or T-shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment